Tuesday, April 2, 2013

After College Learning

Why Hello There,

College was an enlightening four year endeavor. I walked out with a degree in preparation for law school / business school. Now, I work a 9-5 Monday - Friday that pays the bills and then some. There's nothing wrong with this lifestyle. Some crave normalcy, and my current job / lifestyle is perfect for that craving. I, however, want more. To pursue the next big innovation, to create a business I'm proud of, to work with a team of wonderful individuals who share the same passion about life. To get my MBA or PHD, to climb to the top of the proverbial learning tree. One regret I have in my college years is not taking more computer science courses. My degree only required two math credits, for which I took Computer Science 101 & 102. To someone who has grown up around computers and now has a job working with technology daily, trivial does not even begin to describe the course load in these two classes. It is my hope that somewhere I will find the resources needed to teach myself a form of programming that I can directly apply to my future endeavors, whatever they may be.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on obtaining your degree. Technology is great. I work in IT and am still going to school for it. I hope you are able to learn what you want in terms of computer science. What programming languages are you trying to learn. What are your tech interests?

    -Tameeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ideally I would like to learn HTML / CSS. I feel websites are critically important in today's society. Although, I would also like to learn one of the following: C++ / C# / Java. I would use these languages for various projects such as game design, app design, et cetera. I doubt I will become proficient in multiple languages. But having a working knowledge of them would be beneficial.

      Delete